DMC Super Smoothie
1 large banana
Small handfuls of mixed raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries
1 handful of mixed nuts (optional)
1 large spoonful of organic peanut butter
1 handful of ice cubes 6-8 (optional)
1 handful of spinach, some asparagus stalks and half avocado
1 or 2 teaspoonfuls of pure honey
1 glass water and one glass rice milk
Sun Warrior protein powder (optional)
1. Place all of the above in blender until smooth and enjoy (if it’s too thick add more milk or water to thin it).
|1 medium sized onion|
|1 clove garlic|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|8 cherry tomatoes/3 vine tomatoes|
|14oz/400g can plum tomatoes|
|1 teaspoon dried basil or 5 leaves of fresh basil|
|¼ pint/150ml water|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|Pepper Directions1. Chop the onion and fresh tomatoes into small pieces. Finely slice the garlic and fry in a little olive oil together with the onion, tomatoes and basil.
2. When the onion has softened a little add the canned tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes. Finally to make the soup smooth blend in a blender or food processor.
2 cups cooked, flaked salmon
2 hard-boiled eggs, crushed
1 red or green bell pepper, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 to 5 tablespoons light mayonnaise, or enough to moisten
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
Salt and pepper
1/2 lemon, juiced
1. In a large bowl, gently toss together the salmon and crushed hard-boiled eggs.
2. In another bowl, combine bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and mayonnaise. Add seasonings and stir to combine.
3. Pour mixture over salmon, add lemon juice, and toss lightly to combine. Serve over lettuce.
1. In a bowl, mix together the mince, onion, herbs, sun-dried tomato paste and beaten egg. Season with pepper, then shape the mixture into small meatballs and pan fried in coconut oil later.
Ingredients for Ratatouille
Anything else you fancy
1. Roughly chop veg into large pieces as required and add to pan with meatballs. Drain excess oil from pan.
Extra Spicy Ragu Sauce
1. Add Extra Spice Rau Sauce to the pan and allow to cook through and serve.
450g (1lb) turkey/pork/beef mince
1 red onion, chopped as preferred
1 tbsp dried herbes de Provence
2 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
1 medium egg, beaten
ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix together the mince, onion, herbs, sun-dried tomato paste and beaten egg. Season with pepper, then shape the mixture into four round burgers about 2cm(3/4 inch) thick.
2. Preheat the grill or griddle pan. Cook the burgers for 4-6 minutes on each side.
3. Serve wrapped in large iceberg lettuce leaves topped with your favourite sauces and garnishes.
DMC Shepherd’s Pie
Turnip/Carrots for topping
Salt & Pepper as required
Sprinkle of low fat grated cheese
1. Brown your turkey mince in the pan and add the onion. Once browned drain off any excess liquid (there will be very little with turkey mince). Crumble 2 of the oxo cubes over the mince/onions and mix through. Add your chosen veg as stated above (you can add as little or as much as you wish however the greater amount the better for you) to the mince and stir through. Mix your remaining 2 oxo cubes with wa
ter to create a gravy and mix into mince, etc. Add salt & pepper if required. Leave on a low heat to allow the veg to cook through and soften once cooked take off and allow to cool.
2. Boil/Steam your carrots and turnip and when cooked through mash these together for your shepherd pie topping.
3. Transfer your cooked mince/veg mixture into a pie/pyrex dish to create the bot
tom layer of your shepherd’s pie. Cover the mince with a layer of spinach before covering this with your carrot/turnip mixture. Sprinkle the top of your DMC Shepherd’s pie with a small amount of low fat grated cheese to give the crispy top. Place in oven at 180 for 30-40 minutes checking piping hot throughout before serving.
Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
Ingredients Coconut Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup almond flour/ground almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Mix almond flour, shredded coconut and sea salt together in a bowl.
2. Beat egg in separate bowl.
3. Dip chicken breast in egg and roll in dry mixture.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and add coconut oil when hot.
5. Pan fry chicken until fully cooked.
Ingredients Cauliflower Rice
1 head cauliflower
2 Tbs coconut or olive oil
sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, garlic or freshly ground black pepper(optional seasonings)
1. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it has a grainy rice-like consistency or alternatively chop the florets finely. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Saute the cauliflower in a pan with coconut oil and any additional seasonings desired (sea salt, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, curry, or just freshly ground black pepper).
Diary Free Ice Cream (Asda own brand)
Black & Greens 80% Cocoa Chocolate Bar
Black & Greens White Chocolate Bar
1. Chop berries as required into sundae glass whilst melting the bars of chocolate in separate containers (we melted a full bar of dark chocolate & 1/2 bar of white which served the 2 of us!).
2. Place nuts in bag and bash nuts to get to consistency to sprinkle.
3. Scoop ice cream onto top of berries and then sprinkle over ice cream with the nuts.
4. Drizzle dark chocolate on top of the sundae and then do the same with white chocolat e (this will then go crisply).
5. Finish off sundae with drizzle of honey if desired and enjoy!!