I know that the start of the year can be a challenge for people who are looking to lose a bit of weight or tone up ahead of the summer months. With this in mind, I decided to put a blog together with 5 top tips to help you lose weight instantly, starting right now.
These 5 tips are as follows:
1. Drink water as soon as you wake up and every hour throughout the day. This can improve your energy within 48hrs and improve sleep right away. It’s something I see with 99.9% of the people that my team and I coach at DMC Fitness: dehydration. A pint of good old H20 within the first 15 – 30 mins of waking and then 300-500ml every hour or so should do the trick. If you want more info on why you should be doing this, then check this blog on cellular health out.
2. Stop eating cereals for breakfast! They are highly processed and full of sugar. Also, the use-by date speaks for itself – cereals last for months. If something won’t decompose naturally within a few days or weeks, ask yourself this: why do you eat it? I would suggest it’s because the TV told you to. Perhaps you are among the millions of people who start your day with a bowl of cereal and are left wondering what else you could have? Here is your answer. Fresh juice (home-made) or eggs (done in any way) is a great start. If you don’t like my options then eat your favourite healthy food: nuts or some form of lean protein source e.g. chicken or fish is another way to go. Food is fuel for your body and you are what you eat so choose wisely.
3. Get more veggies into you on a daily basis. There are loads of ways to do this! Fresh juices or smoothies (preferably home-made); salads in the summer and soups in the winter; lacing them through some scrambled eggs. If you don’t like eating vegetables then there is always the option of taking a supplement like Mega Greens. We promote this to our students for extra green veg intake and to aid the process of alkalising the body. For those veggie lovers, here is a info packed blog I wrote for a vegetarian student of mine.
4. Get your ass off the couch and get moving! Exercise is key and there are loads of ways to do it. Getting fresh air at the same time is a super idea. There are many “excuses” – sorry, reasons – why people don’t exercise. Usually, “not having enough time” is number one, or at least within the top 5. Well, here is a blog with a stage-by-stage warm-up, workout routines (both beginner and advanced levels) and a full cool down process. Everything you need for a home workout is here and, yes: it’s free.
5. Learn to breathe properly. “Oh but we all breathe, all day, every day”, I hear you cry. Yes; you’re right. Most people breathe from their chest, not their abdomen. Check out “The Importance of Cellular Health for Optimal Health and Vitality” that myself and my team put together about mindfulness and meditation. It has everything you need to know about the art of breathing. Give it a go!
So there you have it. It sounds really simple, doesn’t it? Well, it is! Implement these 5 top tips on a daily basis and I guarantee 100% you will start to feel more energy almost instantly. Do it over the next few weeks and months and watch the weight drop off.
Davie McConnachie is Scotland’s leading health and wellness coach, multi-award-winning gym owner, motivational speaker, and the founder of DMC Fitness, a fitness education facility known as the premier choice for 1-2-1 personal training. He has inspired thousands of people to fall in love with fitness – his true mission in life.
In his own fitness journey, Davie has athletically competed in Mixed Martial Arts fighting for Scottish and British titles, boxed for Scotland’s top amateur boxing team, and competed internationally in Girevoy (kettlebell) Sport.
Diving into the world of sports and wellness has helped Davie to deal with his own inner demons. He. overcame many dark times using his own unique method to complete his cycle of H.E.A.L.I.N.G.