Meet The Crew
They’re incredible, each and every one of them, if we may say so. And they all understand perfectly well what it’s like to NOT be fit. They’ve had their own journey of challenges to overcome. Similarly, they’ve all booked tremendous successes since committing to fitness.
We’re proud to introduce our crew to you.
General Manager/Transformation Specialist
I’ve always enjoyed professional success and before I joined DMC I was thriving in the financial industry. I was one of the youngest branch managers for the Bank of Scotland and won UK Branch Manager of the Year beating all of the high street branches with only 3 colleagues and a huge amount of drive.
However, despite this professional success, being overweight was a real issue for me. I spent years moving from diet club to diet club and sporadically joining gyms but never sticking to it. Diets would work until they didn’t and then I would put all the weight I’d lost – and more – back on. This became the cycle of yo-yo dieting I endured for many years. Weighing in at 14 stone and barely fitting into my size 18 clothes, I was really sad and upset, I fronted it well but inside I just knew I had to do something about it.
When I discovered DMC Fitness, after a google search, I finally found a training program that was tailored specifically to me.For the first time in my life I believed that my health and fitness goals could finally be achieved. With an increased determination I attacked the challenges with the same ambition, drive and determination that fuelled my career. My transformation had begun.
Having shed 4.5 stones and wearing size 8 clothes, even after having two beautiful kids, I now believe anything is possible for me which is a far cry from the insecure and unhappy woman I used to be.
After I achieved my fitness and body-shape goals, I was honoured to be invited to become a member of the DMC Fitness Crew. Most clients I coach are complete beginners, male and female, who, like me, want to change and embrace the transformational benefits that fitness training and healthy living can produce.
As deep as this statement is I’ve learned to love who I am and my body as a whole and well, that’s priceless. In my role as a coach, I guide my clients on similar journeys. Fitness is so much more than a number on the scale. It’s about physical, mental and emotional fitness, it’s about Strength for Life.
Julie’s Fact File
- Training under DMC Fitness since 2008
- Coaching and managing DMC Fitness since 2011
- Level 2 Fitness and Movement Dynamics Specialist IKFF
- Level 1 Certified Kettlebell Teacher IKFF
- Training For Warriors Level 1 Martin Rooney
- Fully first aid trained
- Girevoy (kettlebell) Sport athlete in the biathlon (16kg category) competing nationally and internationally and winning various amateur titles in Scotland and Wales. Represented Scotland at IKFF Nationals Detroit USA
- Completed the London Marathon 2014 raising funds for Muscular Dystrophy
Passions and interests
My first passion in life is being a mum and loving my children, closely followed by my daily fitness training. Then it’s being a loyal wife, effective business partner and a great manager.I love food and eating out. Davie and I always look forward to an enjoyable meal out with a few cocktails.
Family holidays are a great reward for hard work and we regularly visit Spain and Turkey to repair, relax and rejuvenate. I love to see Davie relax and switch off and this always makes me feel happy. He’s my best friend and soulmate and relaxing with him, enjoying the fruits of our labour, is a special part of my life.
Head Coach / Assistant Manager
I first met Davie during his work experience from college. I worked for Living Well at the time and was one of their degree-educated SVQ Level 3 personal trainers.”
I remember Davie talking to me and declaring that he would be a personal trainer one day. I could see during that first meeting that he was very passionate about the new life he had found and something told me that great things were to come from him.
Whilst Davie was finishing his strength and conditioning module at college, he became overwhelmed with the workload and I said to him that should he need any help, all he had to do was ask. He called me up and we spent hours on the phone during which time I helped to answer all of his questions. We look back and laugh about it now. It was the start of a beautiful relationship that has brought DMC Fitness to where it is today: Davie owns and directs the company and I am his right-hand man and head coach, the bodybuilding, strength and conditioning and supplement specialist at DMC.
You might wonder about my reasons for getting into the fitness industry. They’re actually threefold:
- To show how great exercise is.
- To help others discover the potential that we all have inside us.
- To share how exercise can bring that potential out, no matter what your level of experience is.
My aim is to guide people to achieve the results that they have sought-after for so long, coupled with a commitment to their focus. My ideal students are people willing to let me guide them to the results that they have always wanted to achieve.
I have worked with exercisers of all levels throughout my time in the fitness industry. It has been said that my success in producing some of the best transformations in the industry is phenomenal. I’m grateful for those words.
Pablo’s Fact File
- Worked in the industry since 2000
- Head Coach at DMC Fitness since 2008
- Assistant Manager at DMC Fitness since 2014
- Relevant qualifications
- Pablo Janero Personal Trainer
BSc Sports Studies
- Lifetime Personal Trainer Award
- HND Fitness, Health & Exercise
- IKFF CKT Level 1
- IKFF CKT Level 2
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Kuk Sool Won
- Fitness Scotland Advanced Gym Instructor
- Fitness Scotland Gym Instructor
- Fitness Scotland Circuit Training
- BTS Body Pump Instructor
- Johnny G Spin Instructor
- Lifesavers Emergency Response
- Training For Warriors Level 1 certification
- Sporting achievements
- 7th place UKBFF men’s physique Scotland 2014
- 3rd place UKDFBA men’s novice under 70kg bodybuilding Scotland
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Kuk Sool Won
- Various medals at European, British & Scottish Kuk Sool Won tournaments
- Youth semi-professional footballer at Greenock Morton F.C & Stenhousemuir FC
- Competing at European Kettlebell tournament
Passions and interests
My hobbies and passions include all forms of training/exercise, martial arts, football and spending time with my wife, Emma.
Senior Coach and Transformation Specialist
I love working with people who are similar to me: positive, friendly, outgoing, easy to talk to and sociable. People who take the advice on board, put it into practice and then reap the benefits. It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete novice or someone who goes to the gym regularly; I‘d love to help you.
That’s because I know what it’s like to start something new. I took a leap of faith in 2011. Having cooked in professional kitchens for 6 years, Idecided to move into the world of fitness and private health coaching.
The reason was my own fitness journey. I was a student at DMC and achieved incredible results, shedding 5 stones of fat in less than a year – my outlook on life was completely transformed. This prompted me into becoming a professional. I knew that I wanted to help others achieve what I had, by passing on my experiences and knowledge. We can all lead happy, healthier lives.
If anything, I know what it feels like to be the guy who’s out of shape, who sweats from walking up a flight of stairs and who’s afraid to take his top off. It’s not a good place to be at. However, my personal transformation experience is what gives my clients the confidence that they need to change things. I’m happy that I am walking proof that it’s possible.
Honestly, I feel a huge sense of pride when I sees his clients’ transformation photographs and reads their stories. I’m really committed to them and this helps them to achieve the confidence and positive thinking necessary to make a change in their lives.
I love all forms of exercise and movement. As a coach, I specialise in kettlebell training, strength-based training, bodyweight and conditioning. I competed in national amateur kettlebell sport competitions across the UK and am a two times Scottish champion. As a huge fan of boxing, I competed in white collar events twice.
Grant’s Fact File
- Full-time coach with DMC since 2010
- Level 2 IKFF CKT Fitness and Movement Dynamic Specialist
- Level 1 IKFF Certified Kettlebell Teacher
- Level 1 Martin Rooney – Training for Warriors
- Level 1 HSC First Aid
- 2 times Scottish champion in amateur Kettlebell sport
- 2 white collar boxing bouts
- Men’s 10k for charity
- Competed in numerous Girevoy (kettlebell) sport competitions across the UK
Passions and interests
Helping people, getting results, encouraging people to adopt a healthy lifestyle that they can take forward and enjoy making part of their lives.